Greenwheat Freekeh by Artisan Grains. Greenwheat Freekeh is a delicious, highly nutritious grain made from young grains of wheat harvested at their nutritional peak and then lightly toasted. Its nutty taste and wholesome texture makes Freekeh a flavourful alternative to rice, couscous and bulgur wheat. 200g
- Vegetarian and vegan
- Free from dairy, egg, lactose.
- Low GI/low insulin response (good for diabetics)
- High in Fibre (up to 4 times more than Brown rice!)
- High in Protein (Approx. 60% higher than rice)
- Higher in Magnesium, Potassium, Calcium & iron compared to rice and pasta
- All natural, free from any chemicals
- Rich in Prebiotic properties
- GMO free
Ingredients: Cracked green wheat.
Nutritional Information: Typical values per 100g: Energy 1471kj, 347kcal. Protein 18.5g, Carbohydrate 63.5g of which sugars 2.9g, Fat 4.3g of which saturates 0.8g, Fibre 10.9g, Salt 0mg.
Allergy Advice: Contains gluten. Made in factory that handles nuts, peanuts and sesame seeds.
How to cook Tomato Quinoa & Bulgur Wheat Mix
1. Pour 100g Artisan Grains Freekeh and ½ Litre (500ml) water into a medium saucepan. Add 1 tsp salt and 1 tbsp olive oil (optional)
2. Stir, then bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes
3. Drain excess water and use hot, or allow to cool and use warm or cold