- Vegan Shoes
- Chocolate & Sweets
- Food & Grocery
- Baking Sundries
- Beans & Pulses
- Biscuits & Cakes
- Burger & Sausages
- Cereals and Flakes
- Cheese Replacer
- CHILLED & FROZEN FOODS
- Chilled Foods
- Frozen Foods
- Cooking Sauces
- Crackers & Crispbreads
- Crisps & Snacks
- Desserts & Jelly
- Dried Fruit
- Dried Mixes
- Egg Replacer
- Gluten & Wheat Free
- Gravy & Stock
- Herbs & Spices
- Low Protein & PKU
- Meat Alternatives
- Milks & Creams
- Oils & Fats
- Powdered Milks
- Ready Meals
- Sauces & Condiments
- Seitan Wheat Gluten
- Snack & Energy Bars
- Soft Drinks & Health Drinks
- Sosmix Products
- Soup & Stew
- Special Offers
- Spreads Savoury and Sweet
- Sugars & Syrups
- Tea, Coffee & Hot Chocolate
- Tinned Fruits & Vegetables
- Tofu - unchilled
- TVP & Mince
- Vegan Dog Food
- Vegan Store Essentials
- Vinegar & Dressings
- Pet Food
- Health & Beauty
- Bath & Shower
- Beauty Gift Packs
- Deodorants & Anti Perspirants
- Eden Perfumes
- Essential Oils & Products
- Hair Care
- Mens Grooming
- Skin Care
- Soap & Handwash
- Special Offers and Multi Packs
- Sun Care
- Tooth & Oral Care
- Vitamins & Minerals
- Gifts & Boxes
- Christmas Food & Fun Tasting Event Weekend. Nov 22, 2016
- Job Vacancy - Manager or Manageress Nov 02, 2016
- Do carnivores need Vitamin B12 supplements? Nov 01, 2016
- Vegan Food Tasting Event - 29th October Oct 22, 2016
- 2016 Christmas Ordering Information Oct 21, 2016
- Vegan Chef Required - Newcastle - The Ship - Ouseburn Oct 19, 2016
- Vegan Vegetarian Job Vacancy - Alternative Stores Newcastle Aug 26, 2016
- The BIG Vegan Birthday Party Jul 19, 2016
- Holiday Disruptions - Sosmix & Vegan Burger Mix, Trade & Catering Jul 19, 2016
- Vitamin B12, A Simple Guide For Good Health, Vegetarian and Vegans Jul 15, 2016
- Your Vegan Holiday 2016 Jul 14, 2016
- NLP North East Courses for 2016 & 2017 Jul 10, 2016
Often when we go vegan we look for alternatives or replacers to foods we are used to eating, to help us on our journey. For many this is a great way to ease the vegan transition without things being too much of a shock to the system.
A regular question we often hear from new vegetarians or...
Questions about Vegan Cheese Crisps.
UPDATE 11 10 2013. Since we put this blog together we have now found Vegan Cheese Crisps.
Please visit this NEW BLOG for full info.
Hunky Dory Vegan Crisps? Barrow Boys Vegan Cheese Crisps? Alternative Stores selling vegan cheese crisps?
It seems the...
Recently we have had many questions about how breathable vegetarian shoes are and if there are any foot health issues, compared to leather shoes.
Often non vegetarians claim vegetarian or vegan shoes are not healthy, usually as another excuse not to switch to a cruelty free lifestyle.
We seem to be getting an increasing number of questions about
Xylitol, especially as it's being used as a sweetener for sugar free or no added sugar foods, sweets, chocolats and chewing gum.
Xylitol can be found naturally in fruits, vegetables and other sources such as tree bark.
This is a typical email we get on a regular basis from customers about supermarket toothpastes:
Hi Alternative Stores,
I have just noticed on your website that you sell toothpaste listed as suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
I thought all toothpastes would be vegetarian and vegan...
Another question we get alot at this time of year is "are there are natural ways to keep ants out of your home"?
Yes there are and this is something we have alot of personal experience with in the last few years.
When we moved home, some years back, we were very shocked to suddenly encounter...